Hiring Veterans: A Great Way to Grow Your Talent Pool
These future public leaders are those who have served in the military. Veterans are a workforce that can help you to fill the ranks of your local government in a time when all organizations are struggling to find and maintain skilled and accomplished people. Join ICMA and the International Public Management Association for Human Resources (IPMA-HR) to learn more about a study conducted by Arizona State University with local government HR Directors and hear from PsychArmor and one of our local government talent managers on why Veterans are a great way to grow talent in your organization.
What We’ll Cover:
- Veteran Hiring Preferences in Local Government, the analysis and the results (Arizona State University) in Partnership with the Alliance for Innovation)
- The use of innovative tools that inform, educate, and assist in opening a dialogue with employers and their Veteran staff to ensure the healthiest and happiest workplace (Psych Armor Institute)
- The practices used to hire veterans and tips and tools to build job descriptions to encourage veterans to apply.
Speaker and Presenter Information
- David Swindell, PhD, Director & Associate Professor, Arizona State University | Center for Urban Innovation
- Ulrich Jensen, Assistant Professor, School of Public Affairs, Arizona State University
- Matthew Feldhaus, Director, West Coast Operations for HeadStrong, PsychArmor Consultant
- Demetrius Parker; Talent Manager, Jefferson County, CO
Relevant Government Agencies
DOD & Military, Dept of Veterans Affairs, Other Federal Agencies, State Government, County Government, City Government, Municipal Government, National Guard Association, Federal Government, State & Local Government, Foreign Governments/Agencies