ComDef 2020: Ensuring a Resilient and Agile Defense Industrial Base
ComDef 2020 Washington, DC Conference | Sep 29- Oct 01st |
Goals for ComDef 2020 Conference
This Administration has shifted focus to near peer competition
- How will this impact older defense programs?
- What will its impact be on force structure?
- What programs are likely to be impacted?
- What strategies will be given emphasis in exporting?
- Will there be more protectionism?
- How will basing adjustments be addressed?
- How fast will industry adjust to the new realities?
- Will there be a frenzy of mergers and acquisitions?
- Will defense industry quickly integrate commercial technology into their offerings?
- What role will commercial firms play in defense to speed up the techology refresh?
- What new procurement approaches will be tested to bring in commercial/non traditional entities?
- How will COVID 19 alter the landscape?
- How will NATO adjust to evolving imperatives?
- Several nations in Europe have begun to increase defense budgets.
- NATO is reviewing its focus areas in light of recent government changes and international events.
- BREXIT and its aftermath — how will the UK engage with Europe and the United States?
- A changed security situation in Europe, in particular in the Baltic Sea area, have created new challenges and operating environments.
- Will the evolving situation in Europe impact US Pacific efforts?
- How is the threat matrix influencing equipment development and cooperation? Immediate risk planning and signaling
- Future operating environments — Space and Cyber
Where are the low hanging fruit of cooperation and capability?
- Will Exportability be baked into security cooperation?
- Where should friends and allies invest their capability?
- in what technologies and capabilities should governments invest?
- What will be the impact of cancelled programs on arms exports?
- How can industry partner internationally for success?
- How potent are existing and envisaged export control regimes?
Government and industry representatives from more than 35 countries will be participating. Over 30 speakers will provide their insight and perspectives.
Participate with Government and industry leaders from all US Services and Agencies at this premier international event held in Washington.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Government Industrial policy staff
- Government international agreements staff
- Government FMS staff
- Government R&D community
- Embassy officials
- Defense Cooperation Attaches
- Service Attaches
- Industry government relations executives
- Industry business development executives
- Industry sales and marketing executives
- Industry merger and acquisition staff
- Aviation and defense financial analysts
- Think Tanks
- Defense media
Speaker and Presenter Information
- Katie Arrington, Chief Information Security Officer, CISO(A) to the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, ASD(A) (Confirmed)
- Rutha Astravas, Director Continental Materiel Cooperation, DGIIP/ADM(MAT), DnD Canada
- Adrian Baguley, Director General, Strategic Enablers, MoD, UK (Confirmed)
- Air Marshal (ret.) Sir Simon John Bollom, KBE, CB, FREng, CEO, Defence Equipment and Support, UK (Confirmed)
- Matthew S. Borman, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Export Administration (Confirmed)
- Richard Burley, Acquisition Attaché — Defence Acquisition and Technology, British Embassy, Washington, DC (Confirmed)
- Stacy A Cummings, Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense, Acquisition Enablers (PDASD(AE) (Confirmed)
- McKenzie Eaglen, Resident Fellow, AEI (Confirmed)
- Valerie Evans MBE, Head of International Relations, MoD, UK (Confirmed)
- Edward Ferguson, Minister Defence, British Embassy, Washington, DC (Confirmed)
- Frank Finelli, Managing Director, Carlyle Group (Confirmed)
- Andrew Forzani, Chief Commercial Officer, Ministry of Defence, UK (Confirmed)
- James “Hondo” Geurts, Assistant Secretary of the Navy for Research, Development and Acquisition– Tech Bridges
- Mark Goldsack, Director, DIT Defence and Security Organisation, UK (Confirmed)
- Bill Greenwalt, Visiting Fellow, AEI (Confirmed)
- Heidi Grant, Director, Defense Security Cooperation Agency (Confirmed)
- Christopher Haave, Vice President, International Operations and Disclosure, Raytheon Technologies (Confirmed)
- Kim Herrington, Acting Principal Director, Defense Pricing and Contracting, Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition and Sustainment (USD(A&S)
- Andrew Hunter, Director, Defense-Industrial Initiatives Group and Senior Fellow, International Security Program, CSIS (Confirmed)
- Air Vice Marshall Harvey Smyth, Director, Space, MoD, UK (Confirmed)
- Nick Joad, Director Defence Science & Technology (DST) /Deputy Chief Scientific Adviser at UK Ministry of Defence (Confirmed)
- Gregory M. Kausner, Executive Director, International Cooperation, OUSD(A&S) (Confirmed)
- Angus Lapsley, Director General Strategy & International, MoD, UK (Confirmed)
- Michael Laychak, Acting Director DTSA (Confirmed)
- Sandra E. Long, Acting Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Army for Def. Exports and Cooperation, ASA(ALT) (Confirmed)
- The Hon. Ellen M. Lord, Under Secretary of Defense for A&S (Confirmed)
- Christine Maxwell, Director, Cyber Defence and Risk, MoD, UK
- Robert S. Metzger, Partner, Rogers Joseph O’Donnell, PC. (Confirmed)
- Mike Miller, DAS Bur.Pol.Mil.Afrs. DDTC (Confirmed)
- Rear Admiral Francis D. Morley, Director, Navy International Programs Office (Confirmed)
- Lois Nicholson, Counsellor Defence Acquisition and Technology, British Embassy, Washington, DC (Confirmed)
- Alison Petchell, Minister-Counselor Defence Materiel, Embassy of Australia, Washington, DC (Confirmed)
- Will Roper, Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics
- Kelli L. Seybolt, Deputy Under Secretary of the Air Force, International Affairs (Confirmed)
- Gary Stanley, President, Global Legal Services, P.C. (Confirmed)
- Lieutenant General L. Neil Thurgood, Director for Hypersonics, Directed Energy, Space and Rapid Acquisition, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Army (Acquisition, Logistics and Technology)
- Huw Walters, UK Director Economic Security and Prosperity, UK Ministry of Defence (Confirmed)
- Dakota Wood, Senior Research Fellow, Defense Programs, Center for National Defense, Davis Institute for National Security and Foreign Policy, Heritage Foundation
- Michael J. Vaccaro, Director, International Armaments Cooperation, DoD (A&S) (Confirmed)
Expected Number of Attendees
Relevant Government Agencies
Air Force, Army, Navy & Marine Corps, Intelligence Agencies, DOD & Military, Office of the President (includes OMB), Dept of Homeland Security, NASA, Coast Guard, Foreign Governments/Agencies