Autonomous Capabilities for DoD Summit
September 29th-30th, 2020 | Mary M. Gates Learning Center, Alexandria, VA
The 2020 Autonomous Capabilities for DoD Summit will provide a ‘town-hall’ style forum to discuss the advanced capabilities that AI-enabled autonomous systems and machine learning provide to the Warfighter in the battlespace, and how these emerging technologies are bolstering current and future DoD efforts to achieve mission impact at scale. The Summit will focus on current initiatives being enacted to leverage the flexibility that autonomous capabilities can provide the Warfighter in the future fight, both to facilitate the DoD’s strategy of developing technologically superior weapons systems to further compete in the Great Power competition, and to outpace adversaries who will also utilize artificial intelligence & other means to their advantage.
2020 Confirmed Speakers:
Robert O. Work, Former Deputy Secretary of Defense
Nand Mulchandani, CTO, Joint Artificial Intelligence Center, Office of the Department of Defense Chief Information Officer
Jill Crisman, Ph.D., SES, Technical Director for Artificial Intelligence, USD R&E
Wayne Nickols, Assistant Director for Autonomy, USD R&E
BGen Benjamin Watson, USMC, Commanding General, Marine Corps Warfighting Laboratory
Jeffrey D. Singleton, SES, Director for Technology, ASA(ALT), U.S. Army
Cynthia Bedell, SES, COL (Ret.), USA, Director, Computational & Information Sciences Directorate, CCDC-Army Research Laboratory
Dr. Jason Stack, SES, Portfolio Manager for Autonomy, Office of Naval Research
Capt Michael Kanaan, USAF, Director of Operations, U.S. Air Force / MIT Artificial Intelligence HQAF
Topics to be Covered at the 2020 Summit:
- Driving the development of technologically superior weapons systems with autonomous capabilities across the DoD
- Accelerating DoD’s adoption & integration of AI & autonomy to achieve mission impact at scale
- Leading the Continued Adoption of AI as the Key to Army Modernization
- Facilitating the USAF strategy to implement varying levels of AI for mission success
- Empowering the Commanders, Marines, & Sailors ability to be more adaptive & resilient in highly contested environments using AI & autonomy
- Utilizing innovative & disruptive AI/Machine Learning technologies to bolster Army’s Robotics and Autonomous Systems (RAS)
- Considering the ethical & technical challenges during the development of autonomous systems
At our Summit You Will Have the Ability to:
Gain Education & Insight: Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior level speakers on some of the most complex issues facing the DoD and Government as it relates to autonomy, AI, and machine learning.
Build Partnerships: The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to discover some of the latest technologies, policy considerations, and solutions of interest to the DoD and Government for autonomy, AI and machine learning.
Influence: Help foster ideas! Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive sessions. Our town hall format is your opportunity to address our speakers with questions or comments on the current mission.